Hello Manfred,

 in published applications mode the local window manager should be
responsible for arranging the application windows. The application itself
does not know about the workspaces at all. So probably the window manager
does not recognize the restored windows as previously known windows. I have
no idea at the moment how to even check if this theory applies here. You
could try to run another desktop environment locally and check if the
behaviour changes.

Uli