Hello Uli!

Thanks for your reply.

Published applications are not necessarily one-window, strictly
spoken, a terminal with two tabs has (at least) two windows. As
long as they are inside the terminals main-window, everything works
(sad to say: most of the time).
If there are two separate windows, which are in the current
workspace, this works too.
Below of that, it gets complicated.
If two windows are in separate workspaces, it works sometimes.
I am not sure, why at all - from your guess.
If you have two terms at WS1 and WS3 and you resume on WS5,
NO window appear at all, though the processes are running
well on the server side!
For firefox, this is more different.
>From several windows, which were originally located in different
workspaces, only one window will be restored, this of the current
workspace. If all were located in the same workspace, they are
restored to the current workspace, if you are in that workspace,
which was current at 'suspend' time - otherwise: NO window
appear at all!
But for the first case, it gets interesting.
Go to 'more tools/taskmanager' (of the fox!), you'll see all
windows as processes. Double-clicking on of them brings it
back to the workspace were it was originally located!
Works for all of them.
Back to the first cases above.
If a session is restored by the x2go-client (I do not know
about this, due to lack of documentation), it knows all
windows and restores them - so ether the session on the server
or the client must give the window-manager advice.
I am starting my caja browsers at logon this way and they will
be even tagged to be visible on all workspaces.
So suspending a session must save the workspace accordingly.
I asked me, on which side, the workspace will be read at all,
server oder client? Just to be sure to have the same number
of WSs, I made them equal (for the testuser), but this does
not change anything (may be, a restart is necessary?).

>From toolchains perspective, X(&co.) were never made for
suspending window sessions (at least, so far I know) and
the window manager is only a filter for the workspace numbers.
What remains is, that only x2go can handle this at all.

This was - a little - exploration, which shed me light on
the sessions, which do not work after return from hibernate
my box in the morning.

Regards,
Manfred