On Monday, December 3, 2001, at 10:47 AM, John Merrells wrote:

Hi John, thanks for your work! Would be great to see a new language
binding in addition to Java and Python. Will you find the time to
do an implementation as well?

I probably will get a partial implementation done this week... but I hadn't really planned to provide a generic implementation... I was just going to map it directly onto my lower layer api. Are you suggesting some kind of driver pattern? Is this how the Java API is implemented?

Yes the Java API has database specific drivers with a DriverManager concrete class for bootstrap as part of the jar containing the XML:DB API interfaces.

Btw. Did you use an IDL compiler or did you map the IDL files by hand?

By hand... which is why some of the decisions I made in there may look a little odd.

How are you thinking that DOM and SAX will be handled? I see you put in stub definitions, how would an actual impl look?

John

Contact administrator:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Read archived messages: http://archive.xmldb.org/

Kimbro Staken
XML Database Software, Consulting and Writing
http://www.xmldatabases.org/