> Do you know of any other C++ XML APIs that attempt to abstract the DOM? I
> don't know of any, but it would be interesting to see how it is handled.

Mmm, yeah, good thought. I can't think of one... but examining one
would be a quick way of solving this problem.

> Another question is are there any other XML parsers written in C++ that
> have DOM and SAX APIs besides Xerces? I guess the Microsoft XML parser
> does, at least for DOM not sure about SAX.

Yeah, there's the Microsoft one... but I think that's a COM interface.
Oracle
have an XML toolkit which I think provides a C++ DOM.  Searching the
web I've found one called 'iPEX' by infoteria... I'll look into that.

John