OK, I don't want to freak any of you out who might be going
up to do the Great Bear Chase this weekend (well, maybe I do,
just a little)...but it was -36 F this morning up in Champion/Clarksburg, Michigan. Marquette hit -30, their
coldest temperature ever recorded for the month of March.
I guess all that ice in Lake Superior is having more of an
effect than just reducing the lake effect snows.

It'll still be cold up there this weekend, but not the
extreme cold of this morning...

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecasts/MIZ003.php?warncounty=MIC061&city=Calumet

--
Scott Bachmeier  University of Wisconsin - Madison / SSEC / CIMSS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~scottb