Forgot to copy the list:

Okay, so smi.c does not appear to contain my the PCI ID of my LPC chip.
Motherboard has intel GS45 chipset, and "lspci -nn" says:

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation ICH9M-E LPC Interface Controller
[8086:2917] (rev 03)

Is this what I'm looking for? (What has ISA got to do with this?)

This PCI ID is not defined in either include/linux/pci_ids.h or
include/asm-generic/xenomai/pci_ids.h, although there are these entries:

PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_ICH9_7        0x2916
PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_ICH9_8        0x2918

So I guess I should add

#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_ICH9_9        0x2917

to xenomai/pci_ids.h, then add this define to smi.c, and see if magic happens?

Thanks for walking me through this!

Edward