On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> > All these issues show up when an attempt is made to initialise the adapter
> > more than once between resets (i.e. reboots).

> Yes.  I have noticed that the first invocation of the server after a
> reboot (at least starts out) is clean.  But it seems to degrade. Using
> the 20030122 snapshot, I have a mostly clear screen, but it gets the
> corruption artifacts when certain "pixmap" operations are performed.

> For instance, Galeon 1.3.1 frequently shows the corruption in it's
> windows while other parts of the screen are not corrupt.  If I scroll
> the galeon HTML widget the corruption follows the scroll and if I
> scroll back, it comes back clean.

> At various other times every window on the screen including the root
> window will show the corruption, but often I can just move a window
> around the screen and "wipe" the corruption away.

If performance degrades during a single server invocation, that's a
separate problem than what we're discussing here.

> > The original patch submission for this #ifdef'ed itself for Alpha's.  But
> > the truth is that these are adapter issues.  That they show up more on
> > certain architectures than others is irrelevent.

> So can we have the code that is #ifdef'd for Alphas not #ifdefe'd
> before the next snapshot then?  Let's see if it improves the problems
> on Intel platforms too.

You need better glasses.  This code isn't currently #ifdef'ed for Alpha.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |