On Sunday 07 March 2004 21:18, Pieter Hulshoff wrote:
> I'll repost the question on the xmame mailinglist. If I get some useful
> answers I'll post them back here.

Well, from the answers on the mame mailinglists I gathered the following (I
think what I'm about to write is correct, but I'm interpreting other people's
answers here):
1. The TNT2 card cannot use a dot clock of below 12.00. This is a hardware
thing; not a driver issue.
2. The way AdvanceMAME usually copes with this is by raising the resolution by
a factor 2 or 3. This is of course not usable on your monitor either.
3. The only card that seems to be able to do what you want can be found at
http://www.ultimarc.com/avgainf.html.

Perhaps it's not the most hopeful answer, but I hope it'll help you somewhat.
It looks like you either need to change your graphics card or your monitor.
If I learn otherwise however I'll let you know asap.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff