On Friday 17 Dec 2004 16:16, Matthew Earl wrote:
> > Is this for nvidea cards only or should this also work on ATI cards?
>
> I used the ARB extensions so it should work on all cards supporting
> fragment programs.
>
> > About the effects in opengl mode, could you make it work like the Xv
> > driver? (-video-mode 1) This one uses for example scale2x or scale3x
> > todo the "basic" scaling and then letts the hardware do any further
> > nescesarry stretching for fullscreen / arbitrary window resizing.
>
> As far as I can tell there are two ways of having a "basic" scaling
> followed by a stretch, both of which have problems:
>
> 1) Render the basic scaling to a texture using the fragment program,
> then render this texture to a quad using opengl bilinear filtering.

First post here...

Instead of a quad, I wonder if it would be possible to put the texture on a
slightly curved surface, to mimic an old arcade monitor? Of course, 'curved'
here is aproximated by polygons.

If you were rendering to a texture anyway, I wouldn't image it'd make that
much difference on a modern card to put it on a (say) 60-triangle object
rather than a 2-triangle one.

I think this would look espcially good when used with decals.

--
Jim