No, it's probably a one-pixel square thingie that is set there.
if the pixel was broken (happens, the norm with most manufacturers is
0-3 bad pixels on a monitor), then it would be broken in all
circumstances.
There is no way of breaking an LCD screen with a device driver (unlike
CRTs which could be destroyed by driving them with a much higher refresh
frequency than the maximum allowed.
Even, the best CRTs can tell and cut the picture with an "out of
frequency range" warning.
One way to test for broken pixels is to try an "all black" screen saver.
(not the power off though). everything should then disappear.

Hope this helps