On Monday, November 26, 2001, at 09:36 AM, Lars Martin wrote:
I invite all interested people to join the development team and to
push this wonderful project! :-) (Tom, come and join the team ;-)

Alright, fine. Get off my back already! Some day soon, I'll implement my XSelect stuff on top of it.

Btw: XUpdate as well as Lexus (as the reference implementation) is
independ from XML databases. You can use Lexus for any kind of
manipulation of XML data - no matter if you use flat files or a
full blown XML database. (I write this comment because some people
see XUpdate as an update language for XML databases only)

One thing I'd like to point out in addition to this is that integrating the package into an existing database is incredibly easy. I believe the only things Kimbro had to do to get it working in dbXML was implement the XPath factory stuff, and provide the ability to use selectors to query the database. It's a very well designed and engineered package.

-- Tom