It does make things clearer. Thanks. I'll poke around and see what I can add where.

On Feb 22, 2008, at 9:59 AM, Steve Kalkwarf wrote:

I believe I have been unclear. I have seven items (both Serials and Passwords) which show up in their respective default collections for Serials and Passwords. These items also show up in the Unsorted folder, but are clearly sorted into the default collections for Serials and Passwords. All other Serials and Passwords I have go where I expect them to go-- their respective default collections. How do I get these seven to behave?

All items live in the Library, regardless of their kind.

All Bookmarks (or Notes, or Serial Numbers, etc.) will be found in the Library, _and_ in the Smart Collection for that type.

If you have any Manual Collections, any items that are not in one or more Manual Collections will be found in Unsorted Items. If you do not use Manual Collections, all items (again, regardless of kind) will be seen in the Unsorted Items.

The situation you are describing tells me that 7 items are not stored in any Manual Collections.

Does that make things clearer?

Steve