Henrik Hjelte wrote:
> Thanks,
> it works now!
> I had to set the essid with sudo iwconfig set essid MyWlanName.
> Then do a sudo dhclient to get a dhcp connection.
> Perhaps not surprising, but:
>
> Previously this was made automatically by a configuration option
> wireless-essid in /etc/network/interfaces, but it doesn't seem to have
> an effect with the zd1211rw driver. Also I have specified
> iface eth1 inet dhcp, but that doesn't seem to do it.

This is a bug in your distro, not in the driver. The driver has nothing
to do with that file and infact that configuration format is
distro-specific.

> Also I have problems with starting the driver automatically at startup.
> I've put zd1211rw last in /etc/modules. I have to unplug the usb stick
> before rebooting, and plug it in again after Linux has loaded, else it
> fails: USB control request for firmware upload failed. Error number
> -110.

Downgrade to zd1211-firmware-1.1 and see if that helps.

> But the driver seems to work fine!
> Don't know how formal tests are required, but I suggest adding
> {USB_DEVICE(0x13b1, 0x0024), .driver_info = DEVICE_ZD1211B}
> to zd_usb.c

Please provide the information requested here:
http://zd1211.ath.cx/wiki/UntestedWithRewrite

Daniel