If I can add something here, I believe we're all on a spiritual journey and
this group is one of stops along the way.

Danny

----- Original Message ----
From: Bill Smart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 12:47:42 AM
Subject: [Zen] Caveat Emptor

I recently made some postings that caused some participants
unpleasantness. Sometimes that's okay, and I certainly have been
know to purposely rattle a few cages, but in these recent postings
that was not my intent. So...I would like to clarify my past and
future postings as follows:

I do not own this forum, so cannot exclude anyone. For the most part
I wouldn't want to exclude anyone, with the possible exception of
those that blatantly post marketing material. Al, the forum
moderator, can exclude participants, but I have not known of a case
in the past 3 or 4 years that he has done so.

We all participate in this forum voluntarily. Some particpate very
seriously, some jokingly. Some, like me, participate sometimes
seriously, and sometimes jokingly. I offer no apologies for this.

Most importantly, you should not depend on this forum for spritual or
other advice. Do not believe everything you read here, or anywhere
for that matter.

Believe in youself. Just sit. If you're lucky enough to have found
a good teacher or group with which to participate, beleive in them
with all your heart. They will help you in your practice.
Enlightenment is a product of the desire of the student, not the
skill of the teacher. A earnest teacher cannot lead a false student
to enlightenment. On the other hand a earnest student can become
enlighted under a false teacher; or without a teacher at all.

Just sit.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs