---I've taken the time to figure out a few, once you "get it" it
makes perfect sense. The reason they may seem confusing is they
attempt to break the patterns of logical thought. In Rinzai they
would say use your"Heart mind" I believe.
 Like with the story of the monk and his flax. The answer isn't in
the verbal but something else.......

Guy

 In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Al" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I realize that there are many interesting stories about Zen Koans.
I have
> found it to be very entertaining reading.
>
> However, some of the koans make me wonder if they do not have to be
> interpreted based on a culture of alcoholism and illiteracy which
existed
> back in those days? Some of those stories only make sense if the
people
> involved had been drinking heavily.

reading! Talk about it today!
Yahoo! Groups Links