On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Derick Rethans <der...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Apr 2012, James Pic wrote:
>
> > Can't apache just pass the repo to say Derick or something ?
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/zetacomponents
>
> I think we should split it up, so that we can/could orphan specific
> components. I doubt anybody wants to maintain "PhpGenerator" f.e.

I love this idea ! Make zeta components a coding standard rather than a
centralized repo of libraries is kind of the holy grail for me ...

In that case I only see one issue: dependency management. How should the
user specify that he wants this and that component of this or that version ?

What if a user wants to depend on a component in its trunk version, or even
from his personal fork ? It should be super easy if we want people to fork
and issue pull requests.

I am not aware that PEAR is capable of installing stuff directly from
github, like pip does for python*. I eared compozer would be able to do
that one day.

I think it's worth the experiment.

Regards

*