Hello przemolicc,

ppf> On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 03:30:28PM +0200, Robert Milkowski wrote:
>> ppf> What I wanted to point out is the Al's example: he wrote about damaged
>> data. Data
>> ppf> were damaged by firmware _not_ disk surface ! In such case ZFS doesn't
>> help. ZFS can
>> ppf> detect (and repair) errors on disk surface, bad cables, etc. But cannot
>> detect and repair
>> ppf> errors in its (ZFS) code.
>>
>> Not in its code but definitely in a firmware code in a controller.

ppf> As Jeff pointed out: if you mirror two different storage arrays.

Not only I belive. There are some classes of problems that even in one
array ZFS could help for fw problems (with many controllers in
active-active config like Symetrix).

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]