Luke,

You can run 'zpool upgrade' to see what on-disk version you are capable of running. If you have the latest features then you should be running version 3:

hadji-2# zpool upgrade
This system is currently running ZFS version 3.

Unfortunately this won't tell you if you are running the latest fixes but it does tell you that you have all the latest features (at least up through snv_43).

Thanks,
George

Luke Scharf wrote:
Although regular Solaris is good for what I'm doing at work, I prefer apt-get or yum for package management for a desktop. So, I've been playing with Nexenta / GnuSolaris -- which appears to be the open-sourced Solaris kernel and low-level system utilities with Debian package management -- and a bunch of packages from Ubuntu.

The release I'm playing with (Alpha 5) does, indeed, have ZFS. However, I can't determine what version of ZFS is included. Dselect gives the following information, which doesn't ring any bells for me:
    *** Req base     sunwzfsr     5.11.40-1   5.11.40-1   ZFS (Root)

Is there a zfs version command that I don't see?

Thanks,
-Luke