Erik Trimble wrote:
OK, this may seem like a stupid question (and we all know that there are
such things...)

I'm considering sharing a disk array (something like a 3510FC) between
two different systems, a SPARC and an Opteron.

Will ZFS transparently work to import/export pools between the two
systems?  That is, can I export a pool created on the SPARC box, then
import that on the Opteron box and have all the data there (and the pool
work normally)?

Normally, I'd run into problems with Fdisk vs EFI vs VTOC
labeling/partitioning, but I was hoping that ZFS would magically make my
life simpler here...

Use EFI and you should be fine..... as long as you don't try to
import any pools on both hosts at the same time.

James