Hello Jason,

JJWW> Hi Sanjeev,

JJWW> Thank you! I was not able to find anything as useful on the subject as
JJWW> that!  We are running build 54 on an X4500, would I be correct in my
JJWW> reading of that article that if I put "set zfs:zfs_arc_max =
JJWW> 0x100000000 #4GB" in my /etc/system, ZFS will consume no more than
JJWW> 4GB? Thank you in advance.

That's the idea however it's not working that way now - under some
circumstances ZFS could still consume much more memory - see other
posts lately here.

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]