Well, he did say fairly cheap. the ST 3511 is about $18.5k. That's about the same price for the low-end NetApp FAS250 unit.

-Moazam

On Jan 24, 2007, at 9:40 AM, Richard Elling wrote:

Peter Eriksson wrote:
too much of our future roadmap, suffice it to say that one should expect much, much more from Sun in this vein: innovative software and innovative hardware working together to deliver world-beating systems with undeniable
economics.
Yes please. Now give me a fairly cheap (but still quality) FC- attached JBOD utilizing SATA/SAS disks and I'll be really happy! :-)

... with write cache and dual redundant controllers? I think we call that
the Sun StorageTek 3511.
 -- richard