On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Rainer Heilke wrote:

[... reformatted ....]

> We're running Update 3. Note that the DB _does_ come up, just not in the
> two minutes they were expecting. If they wait a few moments after their
> two-minute start-up attempt, it comes up just fine.

So why don't you state the actual time it takes to "come up"?
What is "magic" about 2 minutes?

> I was looking at vmstat, and it seems to tell me what I need. It's just
> that I need to present the data as simplistically as possible for the
> DBA's.
>
> Rainer

Regards,

Al Hopper  Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           Voice: 972.379.2133 Fax: 972.379.2134  Timezone: US CDT
OpenSolaris.Org Community Advisory Board (CAB) Member - Apr 2005
             OpenSolaris Governing Board (OGB) Member - Feb 2006