Chris Jackson wrote:
Hi,

One of my legacy machines was created without an adequate swap partition, so I
added a ZFS volume and added it to the server's swap as illustrated in the ZFS
admin guide:

swap -a /dev/zvol/dsk/tank/vol

This works fine except it doesn't persist across reboots. Do I need to add this
to /etc/vfstab? If so, why the difference in behaviour between this filesystem
and other ZFS volumes?

Yes, it needs to be in /etc/vfstab.  As for why the difference
in behavior, well, it just works that way.  Datasets have
a mountpoint property, but "swap" is not a valid value for
that property.  It's maybe a feature worth considering
though, as part of the zfs boot work.

Lori