have set up a ZFS raidz with 4 samsung 500GB hard drives.

It is extremely slow when I mount a ntfs partition and copy everything to zfs.
Its like 100kb/sec or less. Why is that?

When I copy from ZFSpool to UFS, I get like 40MB/sec - isnt it very low
considering I have 4 new 500GB discs in raid? And when I copy from UFS to ZPool
I get like 20MB/sec. Strange? Or normal results? Should I expect better
performance? As of now, I am disappointed of ZFS.

I used this card:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AoC-SAT2-MV8.cfm
Express Community build 67 detected it automatically and everything worked. I
inserted the card into a PCI slot, and it worked too.