> I have:
> 2x150GB SATA ii disks
> 2x500GB SATA ii disks
>
> Is it possible/recommended to have something like a pool of two raidz pools.
> This will hopefully maximize my storage space compared to mirrors, and still
> give me self healing yes?

You can't create a RAID-Z out of two disks. You either have to go with
two mirrors (150GB and 500GB) in a pool, or the funkier variation of a
RAID-Z and mirror (4x150GB and a 350GB mirror).

Both of these configurations should offer full redundancy, though if one
of the 500GB disks fail, it'll affect two vdevs!

The mirror pool gives you 650GB, the mixed pool around 800GB. I'd
suggest going with the mirror, for better overall read performance.

-mg