> I also wanted to test a recovery of my pool, so my took two disk raidz pool
> onto a friends freebsd box.  It seems both systems use zfs version 6, but the
> import failed.  I noticed on the boot logs:
>
> GEOM: ad6: corrupt or invalid GPT detected.
> GEOM: ad6: GPT rejected -- may not be recoverable.
>
> Is that a solaris or freebsd problem do you think?

This has to do with the GPT
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table) support rather
than ZFS. IIRC the GPT:s written by Solaris are valid, just not
recognized properly by FreeBSD (but I am out of date and don't
remember the source of this information).

AFAIK the ZFS pools themselves are fully portable.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web: http://www.scode.org