> In the previous and current responses, you seem quite
> determined of
> others misconceptions.

I'm afraid that your sentence above cannot be parsed grammatically.  If you
meant that I *have* determined that some people here are suffering from various
misconceptions, that's correct.

 Given that fact and the first
> paragraph of your
> response below, I think you can figure out why nobody
> on this list will
> reply to you again.

Predicting the future (especially the actions of others) is usually a feat
reserved for psychics:  are you claiming to be one (perhaps like the poster who
found it 'clear' that I was a paid NetApp troll - one of the aforementioned
misconceptions)?

Oh, well - what can one expect from someone who not only top-posts but
completely fails to trim quotations?  I see that you appear to be posting from
a .edu domain, so perhaps next year you will at least mature to the point of
becoming sophomoric.

Whether people here find it sufficiently uncomfortable to have their beliefs
(I'm almost tempted to say 'faith', in some cases) challenged that they'll
indeed just shut up I really wouldn't presume to guess.  As for my own
attitude, if you actually examine my responses rather than just go with your
gut (which doesn't seem to be a very reliable guide in your case) you'll find
that I tend to treat people pretty much as they deserve.  If they don't pay
attention to what they're purportedly responding to or misrepresent what I've
said, I do chide them a bit (since I invariably *do* pay attention to what
*they* say and make sincere efforts to respond to exactly that), and if they're
confrontational and/or derogatory then they'll find me very much right back in
their face.

Perhaps it's some kind of territorial thing - that people bridle when they find
a seriously divergent viewpoint popping up in a cozy little community where
most most of them have congregated because they already share the beliefs of
the group.  Such in-bred communities do provide a kind of sanctuary and feeling
of belonging:  perhaps it's unrealistic to expect most people to be able to
rise above that and deal rationally with the wider world's entry into their
little one.

Or not:  we'll see.

- bill