Hi gurus,

I like zpool iostat and I like system monitoring, so I setup a script
within sma to let me get the zpool iostat figures through snmp.

The problem is that as zpool iostat is only run once for each snmp
query, it always reports a static set of figures, like so:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:snmp # zpool iostat -v
                capacity     operations    bandwidth
pool         used  avail   read  write   read  write
----------  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----
tank         443G  1.60T      4      4   461K   467K
   raidz1     443G  1.60T      4      4   461K   467K
     c1t0d0      -      -      1      2   227K   234K
     c1t1d0      -      -      1      2   228K   234K
     c2t0d0      -      -      1      2   227K   234K

Whereas if I run it an interval, the figures even out after a few
seconds. What I'm wondering is: Is there any way to get iostat to report
accurate figures from a one time invocation?

Alternatively is there a better way to get read/write ops etc from my
pool for monitoring applications?

I would really love if monitoring zfs pools from snmp was better all
round, but I'm not going to reel off my wish list here at this point ;)

Thanks

Matt