> This knowing i will never putt non ecc memory in my boxes again.

What's your mainboard and CPU? I've looked up the thread on the forum
and there's no hardware information. Don't be fooled just because the
RAM's ECC. The mainboard (and CPU in case of AMDs) have to support that.

There are two factors: The chipset (Intel/old AMDs) or CPU (AMDs with
IMC) have to support ECC, as well the mainboard has to have the
additional memory lanes etched into the PCB.

If the chipset/CPU supports ECC but the lanes are missing, you'll end up
having lots of ECC errors, if the chipset can't sense that. If it does,
it'll run as regular RAM. If the chipset/CPU don't support it, it'll run
as regular RAM.

Regards,
-mg