Well the '/var/svc/log/system-iscsitgt\:default.log'
is NOT showing any core dumps, which is good, but
means that we need to look & think deeper for the answer.

The 'iscsisnoop.d' output does looks similar to that
captured by Eugene over on the storage forum, but
Eugene only showed a short sequence.
http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/storage-discuss/2008-October/006414.html

Here we have a longer sequence of 'iscsisnoop.d' output
clearly showing the looping, as the error occurs,
causing the initiator and target to try to re-establish the session.

The question is - what is the root cause, & what is
 just consequential effect.

Tano, it you could also get some debug log messages
from the iscsi target (/tmp/target_log), that would help to
confirm that this is the same (or not) as what Eugene is seeing:
http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/storage-discuss/2008-October/006428.html

It would be useful to modify the 'iscsisnoop.d' to give
timestamps, as this would help to show if there are
any unusual delays.
And the DTrace iscsi probes have a 'args[1]' which can
give further details on sequence numbers and tags.

Having seen your 'iscsisnoop.d' output, and the '/tmp/target_log'
from  Eugene, I now going back to thinking this IS an iscsi issue,
with the initiator and target mis-interacting in some way,
and NOT a driver/hardware issue.

I know that SUN have recently been doing a lot of stress testing
with the iscsi target and various initiators, including Linux.
I have found the snv_93 and snv_97 iscsi target to work
well with the Vmware ESX and Microsoft initiators.
So it is a surprise to see these problems occurring.
Maybe some of the more resent builds snv_98, 99 have
'fixes' that have cause the problem...
Regards
Nigel Smith