On 09/25/09 16:19, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Ross Walker wrote:

Problem is most SSD manufactures list sustained throughput with large
IO sizes, say 4MB, and not 128K, so it is tricky buying a good SSD
that can handle the throughput.

Who said that the slog SSD is written to in 128K chunks? That seems wrong to me. Previously we were advised that the slog is basically a log of uncommitted system calls so the size of the data chunks written to the slog should be similar to the data sizes in the system calls.

Log blocks are variable in size dependent on what needs to be committed.
The minimum size is 4KB and the max 128KB. Log records are aggregated
and written together as much as possible.

Neil.