Adam Cheal wrote:
Thankyou for all who've procvided data about this. I've updated the
bugs mentioned earlier and I believe we can now make progress on
diagnosis.

The new synopsis (should show up on b.o.o tomorrow) is as follows:

6894775 mpt's msi support is suboptimal with xVM

FYI, as the original submitter of 6894775 I can tell you that we don't
use XVM so the title change is misleading; we are using a simple physical
server with a LSI3801E attached to 2 JBODs. My case has really gone
nowhere and the original engineer in charge of it only made a few
suggestions. Namely:

Hi Adam,
thanks for this info. I've talked with my colleagues in Beijing (since
I'm in Beijing this week) and we'd like you to try disabling MSI/MSI-X
for your mpt instances. In /etc/system, add

set mpt:mpt_enable_msi = 0

then regen your boot archive and reboot.

I've added this to the public comments field of the CR, and removed
the reference to xVM from the synopsis - hopefully the mail gateway
will send your copy reasonably soon :-)

Best regards,
James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems