Adam Cheal wrote:
I thought you had just set

set xpv_psm:xen_support_msi = -1

which is different, because that sets the
xen_support_msi variable
which lives inside the xpv_psm module.

Setting mptsas:* will have no effect on your system
if you do not
have an mptsas card installed. The mptsas cards are
not generally
available yet (they're 2nd generation), so I would be
surprised if
you had one.

No...I had set the other two variables after Mark contacted me offline to

do some testing mainly to verify the problem was, indeed, not xVM specific.
I had added the mptsas line as well, as per his recommendations, because I
wasn't sure if there was some crossover between it and using the MPT driver
for a SAS card. Thanks for clearing that up though...obviously we don't need
it for the LSI3801E we are using.

Ah, ok

Can you explain the "regen the boot archive" request in more detail
though? This has me wondering if there were additional steps we needed to
take when testing out other /etc/system tweaks, such as the vdev queue
limitation. I want to make sure we eliminate sources of the problem, if
possible, as the chain of possible blame is still quite long right now.

The reboot command should have automatically run bootadm update-archive
for you, I have this habit of running it by hand whenever I change a
driver or /etc/system to make sure that I have an up to date boot archive
from that point in time onwards.

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems