Was the zpool originally created by a FreeBSD operating system or by an
OpenSolaris operating system? If so, what version of FreeBSD, SXCE, OpenSolaris
Indiana was it originally created by? The reason I'm asking this is because
there are different versions of ZFS in different versions of OpenSolaris, so if
you take a newer version zpool and try to mount it in an older version
OpenSolaris, it won't mount.

The last time I tried it a long time ago, ZFS in FreeBSD was pretty unstable
and still under heavy development, which was the sole reason I migrated my
storage server with my important data on it to OpenSolaris, and it has been
rock solid stable since.