It was created on AMD64 FreeBSD with 8.0RC2 (which was version 13 of ZFS iirc.)

At some point I knocked it out (export) somehow, I don't remember doing so
intentionally.  So I can't do commands like zpool replace since there are no
pools.

It says it was last used by the FreeBSD box, but the FreeBSD does not show it
with "zpool status" command.

I'm going down tomorrow to work on it again, and I'm going to try 8.0 Release
AMD64 FreeBSD (I've already tried i386 AMD64 FreeBSD 8.0 Release) and
Opensolaris dev-127.

I was just hoping there was some way I'm missing to mount it read only (I have
tried "zpool import -f -o readonly=yes" but that doesn't work either.)