----- "Tonmaus" <sequoiamo...@gmx.net> skrev:

> I wonder if this is the right place to ask, as the Filesystem in User
> Space implementation is a separate project. In Solaris ZFS runs in
> kernel. FUSE implementations are slow, no doubt. Same goes for other
> FUSE implementations, such as for NTFS.

The classic answers from (open)solaris folks would be 'Why not run
(open)solaris?' and 'why don't you just try it out yourself?'

The zfs fuse project will give you most of the nice zfs stuff, but it probably
won't give you the same performance. I don't think opensolaris has been
compared to FUSE ZFS, but it might be interesting to see that.

roy