I'm currently using SXCE with eSATA (with an LSI controller) and SAS disks in
my home boxes and they run just fine. The only glitch I had after LU-upgrading
to the latest release is eSATA disk not spinning down any longer when idle.

I export file systems with NFS to my Macs: beware that Mac OS X uses decomposed
UTF-8 characters and sometimes I have some portability issues when file names
contain, for example, accented characters. It runs fine and pretty better than
CIFS, IMHO.

In some case I use an OS X iSCSI initiator and Comstar: it runs fine and it's
the only solution I found if you need, for example, to use time machine upon a
ZFS volume.

Bye,
Enrico
--