On 1/29/2011 11:38 AM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

> That is precisely the reason why you always want to spread your mirror/raidz
> devices across multiple controllers or chassis.  If you lose a controller or
> a whole chassis, you lose one device from each vdev, and you're able to
> continue production in a degraded state...

Thanks.  These are backups of backups. It would be nice to restore them
as it will take a while to sync up once again.  But if I need to start
fresh, is there a resource you can point me to with the current best
practices for laying out large storage like this ?  Its just for backups
of backups in a DR site

        ---Mike