Hello,
        There is a feature of zfs (autoexpand, or zpool online -e ) that it can
consume the increased LUN immediately and increase the zpool size.
That would be a very useful ( vital ) feature in enterprise environment.

Though when I tried to use it, it did not work.  LUN expanded and visible in
format, but zpool did not increase.
I found a bug SUNBUG:6430818 (Solaris Does Not Automatically Handle an Increase
in LUN Size)
Bad luck.

Patch exists: 148098 but _not_ part of recommended patch set.  Thus my fresh
install Sol 10 U9 with latest patch set still has the problem.  ( Strange that
this problem
 is not considered high impact ... )

It mentiones a workaround :   zpool export, "Re-label the LUN using format(1m)
command.", zpool import

Can you pls. help in that, what does that re-label mean ?
(As I need to ask downtime for the zone now ... , would like to prepare for
what I need to do )

I used format utility in thousands of times, for organizing partitions, though
I have no idea how I would "relabel" a disk.
Also I did not use format to label the disks, I gave the LUN to zpool directly,
I would not dare to touch or resize any partition with format utility, not
knowing what zpool wants to see there.

Have you experienced such problem, and do you know how to increase zpool after
a LUN increase ?

Thank you in advance,
Zsolt Habony