In a message dated 8/11/00 3:05:20 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< << I'm reminded here of something Brian Eno (I think) said. It was 'writing

about music is like dancing about architecture'.>>

ok, 1st you say:

>> I don't buy the Eno  -  'writing about music is like dancing about

>> architecture' line.

but then you say:

>>Writing about music is difficult

>>but it can be done.

{the refute has morphed into a proof} >>

BULLSHIT
shove your word games dude

There's a difference between words as art/literature and words and a
descriptive history.   (let's hear some structuralist crap about that so you
can get the last word in)

You want and example of of writing about music -  morph yourself to a  music
library and look up Rosen's history of the classical sonata  - and try not to
make a smart ass reply till you've read it.

mediadrome