----- Original Message -----
From: "jim proffit" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: [313] Save the vinyl info

> It's so sad the state of TECHNO, the early 90's innovative years seem
light
> years away. I mean who of the old guys listens to "techno" anymore? No
one,
> they've all gone house or to more sophisticated genres.

Yeah, like Stewart said, I can appreciate where you're coming from, but
there are still a lot of Detroit techno producers making techno. Rob Hood,
Claude Young and Jeff Mills all spring to mind. All of their techno styles
continue to evolve in my mind too.

Tristan
http://ampcast.com/phonopsia <- Music
http://phonopsia.tripod.com <- Mixes, pics, thought, travelogue & info