hmmmm... this is coming form someone who does not live in America and
probably has never been to America.
I hear house and trance being played on hispanic/ latino, pop, and
alternative
radio mix programs all the time and pretty much dominates the club scene
which attacks all types of people.
You can debate whether quality house music or Detroit techno is being
played in the clubs on a National scale but that's due to the lack of
exposure.