I hear you on this kent.
Lansing, mi. be it not the biggest techno scene in the state, but we used to
have competing parties on saturday nights here in '99. promoters started having
a hard time getting venues, the police started cracking down, and some kids
graduated. now the scene is pretty small and most of the people who do like the
music feel they are either to old or they have already been there and done
that.

lansing now has a couple of clubs temple and spiral but it is hard to get even
150 people on a regular bases to either of these places. which makes the bar
owners want to try something different. record stores are closing, vinyl addict
is gone, spin cycle is being sold to a hip hop dj, she says she will stock
techno, but scottie really did not stock it anymore anyways, thank god FBC is
still here john is my savior.

i have been trying to figure it out, maybe its the loss of the feeling of the
time? maybe it's the loss of the venues? maybe it's people stopped doing certian
drugs?

i really thought it was just techno but it's all electronic genres (jungle and
trance). so is the electronic hype leaving? i have not really noticed an
increase in rock groups coming up here. we have even lost some rock venues too.

scotto
lansing, mi.
plaztikjezuz.com