Uh No the DEMF was not a Detroit clique thing and even if it was it is called
the DETROIT ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL.

you must be a person living outside of the us or in the us in a white skin
and ignorant of history.

UR and Atkins are pioneers of this music and get no respect from the business
end.

why should Elvis or Eminem make more money and get more credibility than Ike
Turner or Redman???

Because in AMerica white people doing Black art is always seen as a
marvel.......

Look at NYSYNC and the list goes on. Look at Black rock group Fishbone. Are
you telling me they are good enough to get paid.

The point is this; the people who run the business are full of isms that
determine who gets the spotlight.

No one is denying anyone their right to listen to what they want but don't
forget the history.

I spoke with a Black rocker in NYC and he told me that many A & R men didn't
know what to do with Black guys playing soulful rock music.

The record executive behind Digable Planets told them they were not hard
translate "black enough" for hip-hop.

So Juan is in the same position......

I don't have time to break this down anymore but Juan is not crying he's
simply commenting on the truth; the music business is run by a bunch of
culturally biased and/or ignorant people who have definite ideas about the
value of the music based on their racist crap.

if anyone does not understand where I'm coming from I will make one more post
I don't have a lot of time to keep repeating this tired story.