Arnaud de Montard writes:

>> Le 8 sept. 2016 à 08:29, Guy Algot <g...@macjedi.ca<mailto:g...@macjedi.ca>>
>> a écrit :
>>
>> Given v15s current tickle trunk of features, what would be a good way to
>> send data between servers across the WAN?
>>
>> In the past, I've done it by bundling up the data in a BLOB and dropping it
>> on a secure FTP site. Any better, faster, stronger methods one prefers?
>> Thanks.

>If the source server can connect to the target one, I've made something like
>this last year with SQL. It's
>hard to say that it will be faster than an intermediate text file... Source
>and target share the same structure?

I agree with Arnaud. Using SQL allows you to control security and availability
totally within your app. As long as you are in control of both 4D servers. I
doubt it would be slower than using a share.

On a related subject... We use SQL to compare configuration data between our
Production, QA and Dev servers. We don't send updates between servers yet
though.

HTH,

Tom Benedict
Optum