Guy,

I tend to do this sort of thing with web services like others have mentioned so
I thought I should cast my vote in.

Whenever I am doing one of these I generally consider if the data might need to
be created/accessed not only by internal system but also possibly third party
systems.  That then determines how the data is packed and the functions
developed.  Internal systems can use packed BLObs that only we ever need to
know about and the method will not be exposed in the WSDL whilst potential
third party WebServices will generally be simpler so that other developers and
do their work.

Regards,  Dougie

telekinetix Limited- J. Douglas Cryer
Phone : 01234 761759  Mobile : 07973 675 218
2nd Floor Broadway House, 4-6 The Broadway, Bedford MK40 2TE
Email : jdcr...@telekinetix.com  Web : http://www.telekinetix.com