the 'subform' is it a subform (an included listing form from another
table), a listbox, or a widget (also called a subform)?

Are the relations between the parent and child table(s) automatic or
manual?
if any are automatic - try making them manual.

Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'
Nitromethane is for racing