For everyone who wants to get small PDF files under 4D windows with the Win
10 PDF printer, but is not interested in purchasing our wonderful PDF plugin
with PDF printer, here is a code snip to reduce the size of PDF files with
the Ghostscript Plugin from Magic Miyako.

We use it on macOS to reduce the file size of the mac PDFs

Case of
        : ($vl_quality<=20)
                $vt_PDFMode:="screen"
        : ($vl_quality<=40)
                $vt_PDFMode:="ebook"
        : ($vl_quality<=60)
                $vt_PDFMode:="printer"
        Else
                $vt_PDFMode:="prepress"
End case

// Mac Code for 4D Ghostscript plugin from Magic Miyako
https://github.com/miyako/4d-plugin-gs

ARRAY TEXT($args;0)
APPEND TO ARRAY($args;"-dNOPAUSE")  //important, we can't interact with the
cli
APPEND TO ARRAY($args;"-dBATCH")
APPEND TO ARRAY($args;"-dQUIET")
APPEND TO ARRAY($args;"-sDEVICE=pdfwrite")
APPEND TO ARRAY($args;"-dCompatibilityLevel=1.7")
APPEND TO ARRAY($args;"-dPDFSETTINGS=/"+$vt_PDFMode)
APPEND TO ARRAY($args;"-sOutputFile="+Convert path system to
POSIX($vt_output_path))  //output
APPEND TO ARRAY($args;"-c")
APPEND TO ARRAY($args;".setpdfwrite")
APPEND TO ARRAY($args;"-f")
APPEND TO ARRAY($args;Convert path system to POSIX($vt_input_path))  //Input
GS ($args)

Armin

4D Tech mailing list wrote

--