Hi Janet

Back in march we had the same issue. we opened case 138474 with 4D.
Sort term: We just went back to using the (4DInternetsCommand) older plugin
from v15.5  (it’s dated 10/20/17)  with the v16 server.

Though our long term plan is to convert all emails from CR   to CRLF because
that is the RFC standard for email transmission
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2822 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2822>

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 13:22:16 -0700
> From: Janet Jonas <ja...@prcousa.com>
> To: 4d_tech@lists.4D.com
> Cc: Janet Jonas <ja...@prcousa.com>
> Subject: Linefeed option not working for v16 emails
>
> We recently switched to v16 and found out today that our plain text emails
> are no longer getting a linefeed added to the carriage returns in the body of
> plain text we send out. After looking at the commands, specifically
> SMTP_SetPrefs, adding a linefeed is the default setting still in this
> version, but it does not work as it did in v15. In fact, I was depending upon
> the defaults, and all was fine. I just explicitly added the SMTP_SetPrefs
> command to try to overcome this problem, but it did not work, either.
>
> Does anyone have some words of wisdom to add? we are running this command
> mostly overnight on our server to send notifications and warnings. I didn't
> discover this until now because we mostly send PDFs with just a few lines
> above them, or we send emails in house to our employees using Mac Mail
> clients, and this issue doesn't come up. We just had the first once-a-month
> multi-line email going to other mail clients and have a flood of complaints.
>
> Janet

Aaron Blazer
North American Fulfillment | 3245 N 126th St | Brookfield, WI 53005