On Dec 7, 2018, at 3:43 PM, Chip Scheide <4d_o...@pghrepository.org> wrote:

> to me - form scaling means:
> I hit a key (press a button, whatever) and the form enlarges -
> think of Command/Control + on a web page.
> think of the designer form control 50% 100% 200% 400%
>
> I have implemented this in v13 by using Object Set Font Size(+/-1) on
> everything on the form (list forms only).
>
> the form (and all the objects get bigger, and stay in place relative to
> each other (maybe not so much for the web, but mostly).
>
> I do not think of form scaling as changing the monitor resolution from
> 1600 x 1200 to 800 x600

Absolutely correct, 4D Form Scaling does not change monitor resolution. My
human clients do that so they don’t have to wear glasses. :)

Robert is just looking for a quick — check that checkbox — to solve his
problem. Form Scaling is really not that fix. While it may work for him and fix
his issue, he is being into using a legacy feature and using it in a way it was
never intended to be used.

They way you are doing scaling is a good way, may be the preferred way to do
it. But you can only go up a point or 2 before object start colliding and
overlapping each other.

Web page form scaling on macOS with the command-+ and command- - keys works
great in Safari. Same for Text Edit or Pages. They have programmed it to work
correctly.

Maybe some day 4D will implement this type of scaling. That would be sweet!

Tim

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions
785-749-3444